Friday, April 29, 2011

Devastation




We all have heard this word so much in just the past 2 days... it is probably the only word that can even begin to describe the scene here in Alabama. April 27, 2011 a date not many southerners will soon forget. The day of devastation across Alabama and most of the south. The death toll has climbed to over 200... a number that seems almost unbelievable. So many prayers going up for all the families and friends of tornado victims across the state.

Here in Calhoun County we had 6 deaths. Many local communities were hit very hard, homes wiped out, schools damaged, property destroyed. It's a sad time. I heard a tornado victim whose house wiped out say this morning, "I've cried enough tears, I can't do anything about my house... it's gone. That's in God's hands and I'm ok with that." What faith, what courage, what spirit she has. Just hoping we can all have that spirit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...