Monday, December 5, 2011

20

No, not the number as age wise... I mean, I wish.

That number never looked so intimidating before.  I mean, come on, I ran 18 miles last Saturday and felt great.  This weekend, not so great, but I did finish the big 20 mark. A definite first for me and only one more long run before the big race... just a little over a month away.  Nerves are starting now as I think about it.


So that is how my birthday morning started.  Bright and early and cold... seriously, running with frost on the the ground isn't the most ideal temps for this native Floridian. But, again, I did it. At times, really rethinking this goal of mine, but I'm hoping the feeling I have when crossing that finish line will make all this fade away.  Kind of like having babies... you remember the sweet moments not the painful ones. And the good so outweighs the little bit of bad you have to go through...

When I came home this is what I found...
Another moment that was special to me.  My two little ones singing happy birthday. 
So sweet.

After some recovery time... we headed here for my birthday dinner.  I've been wanting to go for months. 

So good.  Hubs wasn't all that impressed... forgot Chipotle doesn't serve queso dip.  This guy of mine is a fool for some queso.  But I loved it. Perfect birthday dinner for me.  Then on to some shopping and cheesecake for us from Cheesecake Factory... but I guess I was too excited to eat it because I forgot to take pictures! It was delicious nonetheless.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...