Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One Little Word for 2011

C H A L L E N G E


I've found my word... maybe it found me, not sure I'm all that "deep" about it. But this one word did seem to stick out to me over and over again. Definition: 1. a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc. 2. something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc. Synonyms: dare, bid, invite, stimulate, demanding, investigate.


I think this quote is what sealed the deal for me:


"Relate with others, but relate with yourself also.
Love others, but love yourself also.
Go out! - the world is beautiful, adventurous; it is a challenge, it enriches.
Go out fearlessly, there is nothing to lose, there is everything to gain."
-Osho


I challenge myself to be a better wife, mother, daughter and friend.
I challenge myself to be more patient with my kids (at home and at school.)
I challenge myself to run a marathon.
I challenge myself to get outside of my comfort zone.
I challenge my body to push the limits.
I challenge myself to take more pictures.
I challenge myself to take better pictures.
I challenge my mind to never stop learning.


The list can seriously go on and on, but I have set many challenges for myself already. I'm looking forward to all my FUN along the way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...